CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Visa Update!

Sorry for the long absence from blogworld! I was waiting so that I could post some pictures with my blog of Rod and me at Easter. Unfortunately, we looked horrible and I refuse to post them on here for all the world to see! Ha. As you might have guessed, I'm back in Santiago now, working away and spending time with Rod! But, I have absolutely wonderful news about the visa! We received our 2nd "Notice of Action" back on March 4th, which meant that our case was being forwarded to the United States Embassy in Santiago. And recently, we received a letter giving us an interview date of May 5, 2008 at 1:30pm (Santiago time)! At the interview they will give us an official yes or no (hopefully a yes)! So, things have moved a lot faster than we ever expected! Which is an answered prayer! Another great thing about things moving so quickly is that I will be able to go to the interview with Rod, because I'm not leaving Santiago until the end of May! Yea! What an experience!

Just to help you understand a little more about the visa process, here is what Rod has to do before the interview:

  • Gather papers proving he will have sponsors in the U.S. that will make sure he doesn't go on welfare.
  • Fill out visa application.
  • Gather evidence proving we have an actual relationship and he's not just doing this to get a visa.
  • Medical Appointment, including a physical, chest x-ray, shots, and an AIDS test.
  • Get a print out of a Criminal Background Check.
  • Get a copy of his birth certificate and have it translated.
  • Pay for the interview.
Whew! That's a lot of stuff, at least he has about a month to do it. Please keep praying for us!

Sorry it took me so long to update you all on this! And again, sorry for no pictures... but.. if you want to see pictures of the CUTEST little girl in the world, you can go here: http://theworleys.blogspot.com. (There are also some pictures of me and my bridesmaids too.) Hope you are all having a wonderful day! Thanks for your prayers, and keep praying, especially around May 5th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni! We are so happy to hear that the visa process is going quickly we've been praying that for y'all. Love you guys.
-Lindsey and Camilo

Lindsey said...

Hi Jenni,

You don't actually know me, but I stumbled across your blog through a friend of a friend, I went to ACU and graduated in 2003. (I was drawn to the name Adventures in Chile). I actually lived in Chile (Antofagasta) for two years, met my now husband there, and went through the whole process that you are going through. We actually married in Chile in order to get our visa faster and then returned to to the states and had a bigger wedding here. I know how frustrating the whole process can be..we interviewed at the US embassy in Santiago as well. If there is any advice I can give you or any questions that you have, just know that I am always willing to share our story!