CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm Engaged!

I can't believe it, but on December 21, 2007 Rodrigo asked me to marry him!

We had gone out to eat at our favorite restaurant, and then seen a movie, so it was late when we got back to my apartment. But, when we arrived, I opened the door to find pictures of him and me put up all over my apartment. As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew what was happening. We both got so nervous! There was a letter for me on my bed. We read the letter together, and then he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him! I said yes!

Here are some pictures of how my apartment looked:


Here's a closer picture of the ring.

Here's a picture of something I've been waiting to do for years! A few years ago, I wrote down all of the qualities I wanted in a husband and I wrote a prayer on the back. I put the list in an envelope, sealed it, and wrote on it, "Do not open until you're engaged." This was my way of giving all of my worries of finding a husband to God. I opened the envelope and Rodrigo and I read the list and the prayer together. As we read what I had written several years ago, it was obvious to me that Rodrigo was hand-picked for me by God and that he is the answer to my prayers!
Here I am opening the letter:

Just thought I'd share the good news!

16 comments:

Alisha said...

Jenni! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you.

I wish the very best for you and Rodrigo. May God bless you both as you serve Him together.

Judi said...

We love you both! We are so pleased and happy for both of you! God has blessed you both immeasurably more than you could ask or imagine...
Mom and Dad

amie said...

YEA!!! So excited for you!!!! Cannot wait to see you in person and tell you Congrats!!

amie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

WOW! BIG news!!! Congratulations Jenny! We are so very happy for you. What a great Christmas! :)

Summer said...

Congratulations Jenni - I'm so happy for you!!! I hope I can see you while you're here. When is the wedding and where? Happy Birthday on the 28th as well! What an exciting month for you! :-)

Being a Star said...

I am so happy for you Jenni. Being married is great. What a great Christmas!
:)

Lori said...

That is so exciting!! I had no idea until I read your blog tonight. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! :o)

Krystal said...

I'm so happy for both of you!!! What a sweet way to propose, to be able to see where you've been, how you got there, so sweet!

Congrats!!

I love the letter (and the picture of you opening it!) I'll have to share that with my girls one day.

Jodi said...

Yay Squirrels!!! SO SO happy for you and Rod! Marriage rocks... one of the biggest blessings ever. We love y'all and look forward to hearing about all the big plans!!

Happy late birthday by the way. :)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Congratulations!

What a sweet time and happy memories for you both.

I did the same thing with my future husband, and every day i am so blessed to know that Jeff is the man God handpicked for me.

Enjoy the journey up ahead. It will be lots and lots of fuN!

love you
Susan

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you and I know you will love the adventures to come. Happy New Years!

Sayrah said...

jenni - i couldn't believe i found your blog from kendra. congrats on the engagement! this is huge! i'm teaching fourth grade right now and my kids have started a writing blog. their goal is to hit all seven continents, so if you are looking for something fun to read check out thompsontexans.blogspot.com
i'll have to keep checking out the blog for wedding updates.

sarah thompson (aka sarah t. from fwc)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! What's the date? Just a very, very precious blessing, huh?

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

How exciting!!! I am just now finding out. I am a little behind b/c I haven't checked out your blog in quite a while. I am so very happy for you. So have you made any plans, yet, like day or location. From what you have shared, God has truly sent you a blessing. Cannot wait to meet him! Love you so much!!!!!
Kaylee