CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 4th of July!!!

Well, I hope everyone who reads this had a very happy 4th of July! I actually celebrated twice in one day! Fireworks are illegal here in Santiago, so we all compensated by extra food (ha ha). Our day started with lunch at Zane and Tae Perkins house. We ate brisket (complete with BBQ sauce), potato salad, baked beans, chips & salsa, and ICED TEA! It was great to be able to spend a day with other Americans and eat all the foods that we've been missing. If I couldn't be with my family and friends, I'm glad I got to spend it with my fellow "gringos" here in Santiago. As soon as we left the Perkins house ("we" being the other interns and myself) we went straight Lindsey Peterson's apartment and started preparing for our 2nd celebration for the day. We invited our University Students over to celebrate (aka eat American food) with us! We cooked hamburgers and had apple pie for dessert (which was everyone's favorite). We decorated the house and played games, and a good time was had by all! I have to say, it was a very fun holiday... even without the fireworks!

No comments: